NAME: This organization is the CONFERENCE OF STATE COURT ADMINISTRATORS.
PURPOSES: The Conference is an independent national leadership organization dedicated to advancing:
- Public confidence in the courts;
- Access to justice;
- The effective, efficient and fair administration of justice;
- The independence of the courts as a neutral forum for the resolution of disputes; and
- The judiciary as an equal and accountable branch of government.
To fulfill its purposes the Conference shall:
- Policies, laws, rules, standards and practices that enhance the fair administration of justice;
- Research in the field of judicial administration;
- Cooperation, collaboration and coordination of activities among entities concerned with judicial administration, including national, state and local governmental and private sector organizations; and
- Innovative leadership and technology practices.
- The Conference of Chief Justices through collaborative efforts to develop, advocate, and implement policies that promote the purposes of both organizations; and
- The National Center for State Courts as a national resource dedicated to providing leadership and support for the improvement of state courts.
- The competencies of state administrative office staff through participation in national initiatives, educational activities, and communication and collaboration among staff members of different states in a manner consistent with individual state needs and the Conference’s purposes; and
- The professionalism of state court administrators through collaboration, education, and information sharing.
► Promulgate policy statements, resolutions, standards, model guidelines, and uniform national statistical reports.